How To Update your Software Equinox 600 and Equinox 800
You have purchased your Minelab Equinox 600 or 800 and want to update to install the latest software. Follow the steps below.
- Connect the Equinox to the computer via the USB port.
- Turn on the Equinox. Only one Equinox can be connected to your computer at a time during the software update.
- When the Equinox is discovered by your computer. the MUU will “talk” to your detector and determine which update your machine currently has.
- If an update is available for your Equinox metal detector, your computer will display “Update are available for your detector.”
- Click the yellow INSTALL button to begin the installation process. (If your Equinox is already up to date, your computer will display “Your detector is up to date” and prompt you to close the application.)
- During the installation process, the screen on your Equinox 600 and 800 will go blank and a greed LED light will blink rapidly at the top left of the control box.
- Installation should take one minute to complete.
- Once the software installation is complete, your Equinox will restart itself and the application will ask you to disconnect the machine’s USB cord and close the application.
- To update another Equinox metal detector, disconnect all machines, restart the application, and begin the process again.